BUTUAN CITY, July 16 - The Department of Health (DOH) Caraga reports 107 RT-PCR (Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction) results received from Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC), Davao Regional Medical Center (DRMC) and Northern Mindanao TB Reference Center (NMTBR) sub-national laboratories.
Of the said RT-PCR results received, 82 tested negative while 25 turned positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) virus.
The negative RT-PCR results are from the a) Nine suspect cases from Adela Serra Ty Memorial Medical Center, Butuan Medical Center, Butuan Doctors' Hospital, and M.J. Santos Hospital, b) One probable case from Nasipit District Hospital, and c) 72 results coming from high-risk individuals who either have turned positive in the Rapid Antibody-based Test or with relevant travel and exposure to COVID-19.
As revealed, 25 samples are RT-PCR confirmed positive for COVID-19: Thirteen (13) are follow-up tests of previously confirmed positive cases while 12 are new cases.
Of the 12 new cases, 66.67% (8) are Locally Stranded Individuals while 33.33% (4) are from ROFs and frontliners that have two cases each. As to sex distribution 58.33% are males while 41.67% are females. For age group, 50% belong to ages 20-30 years old. Cases are distributed in the following areas: Butuan City (1), municipalities in Agusan del Norte- Buenavista (5), Carmen (2), Rosario, Agusan del Sur (1), municipalities in Surigao del Norte- Alegria (1), and Gigaquit (2).
Eleven of the cases are asymptomatic while one manifests mild signs and symptoms. Moreover, all cases are admitted and isolated at designated quarantine facilities region-wide for monitoring and management.
"As part of our surge preparedness, we partner with DPWH and LGUs in optimizing our isolation and quarantine facilities and provide reinforcement through augmentation of Human Resource for Health (HRH). As of this time, we are almost complete with the HRH emergency hiring as manpower complement to our COVID-19 health facilities," DOH Caraga Regional Director Jose R. Llacuna, Jr. said.
"A total of 181 positions have been approved, and we have already hired and deployed 152 individuals. We have augmented additional health workforce to our DOH hospitals, Adela Serra Ty Memorial Medical Center and Caraga Regional Hospital; and to our LGU hospitals, namely, Butuan Medical Center, Nasipit District Hospital, Bislig District Hospital, and D.O.P. Memorial Hospital. Interested applicants may contact our office for the remaining vacant positions," he added.
To date, Caraga region now has a total of 202 confirmed positive COVID-19 cases.
Out of the 202 confirmed cases, 95 had already recovered from the virus.
"As we adapt to the new normal era, let us continue following the minimum health standards. Let us be role models to others in executing these health protocols. Remember, 'BIDA Solusyon' for COVID-19: B-bawal walang mask, I-isanitize ang mga kamay, D-dumistansya ng isang metro and A-alamin ang totoong impormasyon. BIDA Solution! In unity, let us beat COVID-19," Dr. Llacuna concluded. (DOH Caraga/PIA Caraga)