- Proteas opening batter Laura Wolvaardt moved up in the latest ICC Test rankings after their 3-0 series win against Pakistan.
- Wolvaardt is now the highest-ranked Proteas women batter after moving ahead of opening partner Lizelle Lee.
- The Proteas now shift their focus to the three-match T20 series against Pakistan, which gets underway from Friday.
Proteas opener Laura Wolvaardt climbed up in the latest ICC ODI rankings after helping her team complete a 3-0 series sweep over Pakistan.
Wolvaardt, who top-scored in the ODI series scoring 125 runs in the series, moved up two places to a career-best seventh position in the ICC Women's ODI rankings.
The 21-year-old is now joint-seventh along with Australia all-rounder Ellyse Perry and ahead of India's Mithali Raj by four points.
Proteas all-rounder Marizanne Kapp's 115 runs in the series saw her reach 22nd in the rankings.
While other South Africa batters to gain in the latest rankings update include Lara Goodall (up seven places to 72nd) and Shabnim Ismail (up five places to 84th).
Fast bowlers Ismail and Ayabonga Khaka have retained their fourth and 12th positions after finishing with seven wickets each in the series.
20-year-old left-arm spinner Nonkululek Mlaba, who made her ODI debut last week, entered the rankings in 57th position.
In the Women's ODI Team Rankings, South Africa and Pakistan retain their fourth and seventh positions, respectively.
The Proteas women will now shift their focus to the three-match T20 series against Pakistan, which gets underway from Friday at Kingsmead (15:30).
2. Stafanie Taylor (WI) - 746
5. Amy Satterthwaite (NZ) - 723
7. Laura Wolvaardt (RSA) - 691
3. Marizanne Kapp (RSA) - 711
6. Poonam Yadav (IND) - 679
9. Anya Shrubsole (ENG) - 645